Thursday, September 11, 2008

latest on ike




well, we did not get to see big brother, because we are on IKE watch...still 36 hours out of landfall, but whatever. thanks to mike for giving me the BB update so I am caught up! i wanted to post a map of where we live so you can see that we are about 40 miles from water. so we should be fine. also, traffic is a total bitch. people are trying to get out. from the woodlands to conroe on i45 north, 6 miles, it is taking people 67 minutes. no thanks! and apparently I10 is just as bad! most of the gas stations in my neighborhood are out of gas. there has been some price gauging, but not that I have personally seen, i just heard about it on the radio. http://www.ktrh.com/ for those interested.




i am posting a pic of i45 heading north so you can see the traffic at 9:30 at night. mandatory evacuations for the counties closest to the water, brazoria, galveston, matagorda bay etc are going to Austin.