Tuesday, February 1, 2011

trip to the Houston Zoo African Forest

Today I HAD to go to work at the Houston Zoo at the African Forest. Tough Day right. well, I absolutely am in LOVE with the African Forest. I took my new "big girl" camera with me to work and took some interesting shots. I then had some fun editing and will jut keep working on getting comfortable with the camera and editing everything. If you have not been to the African Forest at the zoo, this might not be the week to go because it is so cold and the animals are trying to stay warm, but it is definitely worth the trip. I purchased a membership this year because of the new giraffe habitat and the restaurant that overlooks the giraffes! Those that know me, know that I LOVE giraffes and really am in total awe of them. The are amazing creatures that always seem so wonderful. As a child, at the San Antonio Zoo I remember watching the mama giraffe take care of the new baby. Now I am going to have the privilege of taking my niece Téa to the Houston zoo to meet the giraffe family.
Every once in a while, it helps to have something that takes you back to your childhood, something that makes you smile and helps you remember that life really shouldn't be that serious. As we like to say at the office, it is just radio, no one is going to die today. There is something to be said for that, we all just need to enjoy our life, our job and our friends. Here is to getting to spend a day working, with amazing clients and in an amazing setting, one that always makes me smile.
Posted by Picasa